At BIREN|KATZMAN Trial Lawyers, our primary focus is providing quality representation to individuals and small businesses that have sustained substantial physical or financial damages. We are dedicated to this pursuit due to the resolve of our founder, Matthew B.F. Biren, to tip the scales of justice from the rich corporations and insurance companies back to the individuals and small businesses who have been harmed by their negligence and wrongdoing.
During his time as a law clerk, then as a labor lawyer, Mr. Biren realized that while our legal system is the best in the world, an individual who wants to protect his or her rights must have representation equal to or better than that which the corporations and insurance companies can afford. Since it was formed, BIREN|KATZMAN Trial Lawyers has been countering that overbalance by offering aggressive experienced advocacy and excellent service.
BIREN|KATZMAN Trial Lawyers — Los Angeles
The central tenet of our firm is to obtain the best results possible for our clients. We achieve this by successfully taking cases to trial, thus the words Trial Lawyers in our firm name. Insurance companies and corporations will not settle unless they believe you can win at trial. We have a proven track record in the courtroom and a reputation for fighting for what is right for our clients.
We differ from most firms in the way we practice law:
- We take a team approach to our cases — Instead of having the majority of the work on a given case done by an associate or junior partner and then passed off to the lawyer you thought you were hiring at the end, at BIREN|KATZMAN, everyone in our firm works on your case. Partners Matthew B.F. Biren and Marc J. Katzman are involved with every case from start to finish. Our talented team of attorneys and staff is also deeply involved and encouraged to give their input. By considering many insights and points of view, we are able to develop more creative solutions about how to prove liability and maximize damages in your case. Every one of our clients benefits from this collaborative approach which takes full advantage of the partners' and staff's experience, skills, intellect and creativity to produce the best results possible.
- Contingency fees — Every case we accept is handled on a contingency basis, meaning the client is not charged a fee unless we recover compensation for you. If we believe we can win your case, not only will we fight for you, but we will also put ourselves on the line with you by accepting your case on a contingency fee arrangement.
- Maximizing damages — It is not enough to prove the liability of the negligent party in a case; the extent of the damage done also needs to be proven to establish the value of the case. BIREN|KATZMAN has an extensive network of experts who can provide the technical information necessary to maximize damages who also have proven capability to effectively explain their findings and your damages to insurance companies and juries in order to maximize your financial compensation.
For more than 35 years, our attorneys have represented thousands of people who have been seriously or catastrophically injured or who have sustained financial damage. We have extensive experience in handling complex cases that many other lawyers refuse to touch. We have obtained more than $250 million in compensation for injured Californians, and we continue to fight for the rights of the individual and to further excellence in the legal profession.
Our lawyers are:
- Active participants in politics and the legislative process
- Educators and trainers providing continuing legal education in the field of effectively representing the injured
- Active participants in bar associations, and trial lawyer and attorneys' organizations
Mr. Biren has been selected for inclusion in the list of Southern California Super Lawyers from 2006 to 2013.
Contact Us to Schedule Your Free Initial Consultation
We understand that with more than 200,000 personal injury attorneys in California, making the right choice may feel overwhelming. Therefore we welcome you to browse our website to learn more about our firm and our approach and to see the positive outcomes we have achieved for our satisfied clients. We have also provided some information for you to consider as you make your choice of attorney to handle your case. Please call us at 866-604-5887 or send us an email to schedule a free initial consultation to review your personal injury claim.