This year, more than half a billion of Americans will travel to the homes of their loved
ones to celebrate Thanksgiving. While the memories from such road trips
can be fun, they can also be devastating if drivers do not practice safe
driving habits when sharing the roads.
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration reports that Thanksgiving
weekend is the most traveled holiday of the year. Due to congested traffic
conditions, there is a higher risk for serious car accidents. To avoid
auto accidents and crowded roads, many people choose to drive through
the late hours of the night. This method can be useful when trying to
avoid traffic, but can also be extremely dangerous due to the increased
likelihood of driving while drowsy or sleepy.
If you plan to travel at night this Thanksgiving, read the safety tips
we have provided below:
- Drive with a responsible friend or family member, and rotate drivers every
couple of hours.
- Chew gum while driving.
- Consume a caffeinated beverage such as an energy drink or coffee.
- Refrain from consuming any amount of alcohol prior to driving.
- Take a nap before getting on the road.
- If you start to feel sleepy, pull over into a safe area and take a brief nap.
- Ensure you sleep the proper amount of hours the night before you plan to drive.
- Listen to upbeat and fast-paced music for the duration of your trip.
Have You Been Hit by a Negligent Driver? Call Our Los Angeles Car Accident
At Biren Law Group, we recognize how enticing it can be to drive during
late night hours in order to avoid dense traffic conditions. However,
we also know the hazards that can occur due to other drivers on the road
during those hours. If you have sustained injuries in a car accident,
we encourage you to get in touch with
our Los Angeles car accident lawyers immediately. We can take the time to understand your case and may be able
to help you pursue maximum financial compensation for your injuries, losses,
Put our experienced team on your side of the courtroom.
Contact Biren Law Group today for a free case evaluation!